Thursday 14 February 2013

ultrasound aftermath

This week has been quite the rollercoaster of emotion... I think with the stress of uncertainty looming, plus no news updates from the DHL online tracker, plus the fact that this day was coming and I wanted only one person by my side, ... Well, it all catapulted into an emotional meltdown today. It's been a rough week regardless and today, seeing the baby, longing so that my husband could have been here to witness with me such an overwhelming joy, I reached my threshold. I am fortunate to have some pretty adaptive parents, it seems... They have been more than supportive and just overall amazing. They got to come in and see the baby, it was all a very moving experience. So much so afterwards I had to run to the bathroom to hide my tears, in attempts to save my reputation... I'm telling you these hormones are no joke.


With the position the baby was in the technician couldn't really tell the gender firsthand.. she tried to get the baby to move but no budging. Finally, she saw a hint that it was a girl... Which, in being completely frank was a little disappointing just because secretly I'd been pining for a boy, and girls scare me.. but I couldn't be happier the baby is healthy and all is well. Girl or boy I'm blessed and I accept with open heart and hands. I melted at the sight of those precious little hands, fingers and adorable feet and toes all curled up inside. Baby's healthy and everything seems fine. More news Monday as I have a follow up with the Dr, more tests and hopefully maybe more insight. Nearing that 5 month hump next week, so just happy that Maya is appearing healthy and that all digits are accounted for...

No comments: